What if I smell gas?
An unpleasant odor has been added to enable you to detect even the slightest leak. If you smell gas or suspect you have a gas leak:
- Leave your house or building.
- Call us immediately from a cell phone outside or from a neighbor’s house
Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and poisonous. Inadequate ventilation or a gas appliance malfunction can cause carbon monoxide buildup. You may have a buildup problem if the air in your home smells stale or stuffy, has high humidity or you find soot from your propane gas fireplace or furnace throughout your home.
If members of your household experience flu-like symptoms, loss of muscle control, headaches, dizziness, weakness, nausea or vomiting, exposure to carbon monoxide may be the cause of the illness. If you believe you have been overexposed to carbon monoxide seek immediate medical attention.
Emergency Service is Always Available
If you smell gas and believe you have a gas leak, call us immediately. We provide 24-hour emergency service every day of the year.
- Belle Haven, VA – 757-442-4328
- Cecil County, MD – 443-663-7980
- Dover, DE – 302-678-2400
- Georgetown, DE – 302-316-7000
- Easton, MD – 410-822-8261
- Glen Burnie, MD – 443-856-4570
- Pocomoke City, MD – 410-957-1501
- Salisbury, MD – 410-749-4147
- Pocono Lake, PA – 570-646-5626
- Allentown, PA – 610-530-1535